Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Babee Greens Organic Cotton Prefold *Review*



I have been using cloth diapers on BuBu since she was about one month old. I would have done it sooner, but all her diapers practically swallowed her and I could not get a good fit until she had gained some weight. I have been using mostly pockets, but I use some AIO's and even some fitteds. I have never used(or at least I can't remember doing so) a flat or a prefold diaper.

I had the opportunity to try out a Babee Greens Organic Cotton Prefold for a review. My first thought was that it would be a pain to use and I'd use it wrong. I did some research and found that it is quite simple to use and take care of. I do own a snappi, so I finally put that baby to use! 
The Babee Greens Organic Cotton Prefold was pretty simple to use after trying a few times. The first time, it was a bit too loose, the second time, it looked funky, like it wouldn't stay on, so I tried again. My third try was a hit! I got a great fit on BuBu and the snappi worked great to hold it on. I used a Thirsties cover on top. 

The prefold is super absorbent and I'd have to say that is my favorite feature. BuBu did poo in this diaper and it got a bit more messy than usual, but it was contained. The prefold kept the poo contained and nothing leaked out, onto the cover. I always spray the poopie diapers with the hose before tossing into the wash. Since there are no grooves or gussets, this was a breeze with the Babee Greens Prefold.

BuBu has only had the chance to wear this diaper twice but so far so good. With the Thirsties cover, we experienced no leaks and BuBu seemed comfortable wearing it. I don't think it is much bulkier that using a pocket diaper, but it definitely makes her bum a different shape. That really isn't important though. 
Washing this diaper is super easy. I love that I don't have to un-stuff it to wash it. I just toss it in the wash. BuBu did poo in this diaper and it got a bit more messy than usual, but it was contained. The prefold kept the poo contained and nothing leaked out, onto the cover.

Babee Greens also sells Organic Cotton Fitteds! I definitely want to try those!!
To Purchase
You can purchase a Babee Greens Organic Prefold at BabeeGreens.com.
Size small can be purchased for $6.50each and size regular can be purchased for $7.50each.

**Disclosure~ The product(s) in this review was provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. good think u liked em.lol.i couldnt see my self using a plain diaper.they should have some with prints like globug.

    ReplyDelete