Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Maukilo/ HABA Memo-Orchard game *Review*

My children's education is very important to me. I believe it is much easier for a child to learn while having fun. When purchasing toys, I look for educational ones. Educational and fun work together to make a smart and happy kid.

I was sent the HABA Memo Orchard game to review.
  • This game is suitable for ages 3-99+. 
  • Number of players 2-4.
The object of the game is to collect all the fruit before the raven makes it to the end of the trail and takes it. Each player gets a turn rolling the dice, they then flip over a card to see if their fruit matches the color on the dice. If it does, they collect that fruit and put it in their basket. If it does not match, they flip the card back over and it is the next persons turn. Remembering where a fruit is is important, so it is not like a guessing game but more a memory game. On the dice, there is also a raven. If a player rolls a raven, the raven moves one spot on the board. If he makes it to the last step before the fruits are collected, he wins and ALL the players lose.
My whole family sat at the table filled with excitement to play(and learn).
The players: Moo Moo-2 years old, Dee Dee-6 years old, Papa Bear-33 years old and Mama Bear-26 years old.
We all have a great time every time we play and I feel confident that my kids are learning while having fun. Dee Dee is focusing on her memory skills and Moo Moo is learning her colors. Since we started playing this game a couple weeks ago, Moo Moo has picked up on two new colors that she hadn't been able to recognize before. Purple and Orange.
One thing I noticed about this game that was awesome is that the players were not against each other. We are all against the Raven. We were all rooting for each other and not battling to win the game. 
The Raven won this game!

You can purchase the HABA Memo Orchard game at Maukilo for just $10.88!
At Maukilo, you can also find some really cute bath toyspretend play foodbooks and tons more!
About Maukilo (http://www.maukilo.com/)
Maukilo is the leading supplier of quality, timeless toys and gifts. We provide innovative, safe and eco-friendly playthings for all ages. From infant toys to kids toys, they're fun, educational and last a lifetime.
Inspired by European toys and owned and operated by the German based HABA, we're your best source for baby toys, building blocks (from our wooden toys collection), educational toddler toys and everything in between. With Maukilo you Buy Once, Play Forever. 

**Disclosure~ The product(s) in this review was provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.


No comments:

Post a Comment