Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Proud Mama Moments

Moments like these make me so grateful to be a mother.
My daughter has never had a hair cut, with the exception of two trims that I did myself. I have been letting her hair grow since she was born.

My daughter is now old enough to make some of her decisions by herself and recently, she has made a wonderful one. She decided, a couple weeks ago, she wanted to cut her hair and donate it to the kids with cancer (Locks of Love Foundation). At first, I thought, what?? Cut your beautiful long hair? I told her to wait until after Christmas...not sure why though.

Well, Christmas has come and gone...my baby donated her beautiful hair! I am so proud of her and I will let her do it again once her hair is long enough. Both my husband and I have lost our Grandmothers to cancer and we feel this was a good way to contribute to those suffering from this disease. 
Before
After

My daughter prays every night that the child that gets her hair will love it.
I am so proud to be her mother.

Jessi G.

No comments:

Post a Comment