Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Friday, July 15, 2011

My Dear Grandma Went To Heaven

On July 14th, my dear Grandma went to be with the Lord. Oh, how I am missing her already. For those of you who are new to my blog and didn't see my last post about her, she was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago(rectal, liver and lung cancer). Her 77th birthday was June 30th and all she wanted was to have her whole family together. She had a wonderful birthday weekend as you can see in the pics. :)
DD playing a Birthday song on her guitar

Moo Moo giving Great Grandma a Birthday hug

Grandma and all of her Grand Kids(-2)

Growing up, my Grandma raised me, my brother and sister. Every summer, all her (13)grand kids would gather at her house while our parents went to work. There was never a dull moment at Grandmas. She always kept us entertained with BINGO games, treasure hunts in the yard, playing in the sprinklers, and so many more activities.
When I was 2 years old, my mom and dad separated. Me, my brother, sister and Dad moved in my Grandmas house. I am so thankful for that. I am so blessed to have shared so many days and nights close to my Grandma! She is the most amazing woman I have ever met! Such a strong, loving, patient woman! She used to rock me to sleep every night until I was like 6! She made the most delicious meals and the prettiest holiday cookies!
She knew Jesus very well. She taught Sunday School every Sunday for as long as I can remember. She prayed with us every night. We would say the whole Rosary. She told us if we fell asleep, the Angels would finish with her. I can still hear her voice praying the Rosary even though that was about 20 years ago.
I know she is not suffering anymore and that makes me happy. She will live on in my heart as well as many others. I'd love if you could say a prayer for my family. :)

Grandma and Me
I love you Grandma!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom a little over a year ago when I was pregnant. It was so hard on me, but I remeber the joy she brought me. I just wish she could've met her grandson. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really aren't any words that can express how this loss must feel to you. I can tell from what you wrote that she was a very important focal point and foundation for your life. To lose someone like that would be a terrible loss. I am so sorry, but I know she is beaming in the presence of the Lord. She will live on through you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. she was one of a kind. we wont ever meet anyone like her. the only thing that makes it easier to deal with our loss is time. love you grandma.

    ReplyDelete