Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Friday, July 1, 2011

A visit to Grandma's house...

My family and I just got home from a lovely visit with my Grandma and the rest of our family. We went to celebrate Grandma's 77th Birthday! It had been about 5 years since I saw most of them and it was their first time seeing my two latest additions to the family (Bu Bu and Moo Moo)
My Grandma was recently diagnosed with three types of cancer. Rectal, liver and lung cancer. She hadn't been to the doctors in 40 years. She says she never felt sick enough to go. Until a couple weeks ago. (That's when she found out about her sickness) The doctors estimated she would live another 2-7 months. She has decided not to do chemo and is trying Gerson therapy instead. (It is an alternative to Chemo and has worked for others) To read more about that click HERE . My aunt is making her fresh raw vegetable juice everyday from veggies she grew in her garden. I tried a tiny sip and it tasted pretty funky. My Grandma got a kick out of the faces we made when the whole family tried it. The kids are the only ones who liked it. Which surprised me. :)

This is my Grandma with two of her grand kids(me;on the left and my sister;on the right) and 6 of her 13 great grand kids.
 Playing BINGO!!(something she has done with us grand kids since forever!)
 As happy as can be :) I love your Grandma!!

 Grandma, my hubby, me and the kids.
 **Bu Bu with Great Grandma**
 Me and Bu Bu, two of my cousins(Anthony and Kristi) and my awesome Grandma!
Anyway, I just wanted to share some great pictures of our trip to Grandma's house. We had a wonderful visit! I would love if you could pray for her recovery. She means the world to my family and we would love if she could have even one more year with us. Thanks to all who took the time to read and God bless you and yours!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and lovely family. I am so sorry about you grandmother's illness. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    FNF Weekend blog hop. I am your newest GFC follower. Follow me please.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your grandmother a speedy recovery. xx

    Hopping by from the Finding New Friends Weekend Hop. Would love a follow back at:
    http://becks-carrie.blogspot.com

    xx
    Becks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...wishing your family the best.
    I loved her birthday hat!

    Following back from the hops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your grandmother gets well soon.I am here from the hop and would love if you dropped by my blog at WV Stitcher when you get a chance. Have a fantastic 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete