Welcome to my Sweet and Simple blog. I am a mama to 5 crazy kids, ages 2 years to 14! When I'm not picking up toys and cleaning....I am cooking, crafting, and writing reviews! This blog is PR Friendly!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam Review


what is skillet bacon jam?


we make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam..you say what?.. that’s right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices . It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness! USDA approved.

Skillet Bacon Jam...huh? I have to admit, I was a bit grossed out when I first heard those words. But my curiosity kicked in...I wanted to know what this stuff was.

I recently had the opportunity to review Skillet Bacon Jam. When I received the sample, I opened it and smelled the absolutely appetizing aroma. I was a bit surprised because it was smelled better and was creamier than I imagined. Time to add some flavor to out meals!!

I had no idea what to use this for so I checked out their website and found some recipes. We eat a lot of Grilled Cheese in this house so I decided to try the "Grilled Cheese with Bacon Jam" recipe. I tweaked the recipe a bit and used what we had here at home. Honey wheat bread, slices of cheddar cheese, and butter.
Easy peasy. Butter one side of each slice, add a slice of cheese to the un-buttered side, then some Bacon Jam, than another slice of cheese and finally, the other slice of bread, buttered side out. Grilled(or cooked in a frying pan), like normal and DONE!

My family really enjoyed our Grilled Cheese with Bacon Jam. The Skillet Bacon Jam added a kick that our grilled cheese has been missing. There are lots of other recipes I have not tried out yet but I think the next on my list will be the Bacon Jam on Toast Rounds with Fried Eggs! Sounds and looks delish!

For more information on Skillet Bacon Jam visit www.skilletbaconjam.com or contact them directly at eat@skilletstreetfood.com


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment